Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Risen: A History of Amebix (full upload)

Internet Nerd Punk Punk

Risen: A History of Amebix (full upload)

As most of us know, there was some kind of apparent scandal with Belfast Records, and the Amebix "Risen" documentary never made it to an actual press and only an initial 500 pre-ordered copies were made.

Even though a more current Amebix DVD is now being made, I thought "Risen" was fairly well done and that people should at least see it. I emailed Rob Miller about posting it on youtube and he tells me the band has no legal involvement with the film anymore, and has no problem on his end with my posting it.

We had been discussing making "Risen" available as a 'pay-what-you-want' download through MTR but I have since lost contact with filmmaker Roy Wallace as none of his email addresses or websites work anymore.

So since the film has already been popping up on torrents, with the band's unofficial approval, here it is!

Administrator Punk to the bone Leffer's Avatar
    Yea, a scandal to say the least After all the hub-bub of Belfast and it's empty promises. I'm glad I didn't fall for their ploy. I was lined up to do some other "video" projects for them, but quickly learned their true nature. The upcoming DVD should completely justify the band and what they originally wanted to do with the first DVD. Pity the ball was dropped on Risen. I'm glad you were able to post up the original content of Risen....although half the content I couldn't even navigate to. Cheers
    'Within the imagination, there is no law'
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Leffer View Post
    Yea, a scandal to say the least After all the hub-bub of Belfast and it's empty promises. I'm glad I didn't fall for their ploy. I was lined up to do some other "video" projects for them, but quickly learned their true nature. The upcoming DVD should completely justify the band and what they originally wanted to do with the first DVD. Pity the ball was dropped on Risen. I'm glad you were able to post up the original content of Risen....although half the content I couldn't even navigate to. Cheers
    Yeah, I never did get that live rehearsal footage to work, although we ended up getting one step better - seeing them live.

It sure is a bummer the way it all went down, and I sure don't understand why the person making the film would spend all that time and money to make the thing, then never see it off to a proper release.

Well, the lads have been working to get some good material, past and present for the future project. People need to know that the band had NO control over the creation of the (Risen)DVD, outside of supplying material, etc. To say they were fuckin' aggro after what happened would be putting it lightly. A musical base that defined a genre and a generation, then to take advantage of them and their efforts after that ONE person talked them into it. So disappointing on Belfasts part.
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    Well the next one will be better with you on board. Very helpful fellow, this one!

So, is anyone just seeing this for the first time? what do you all think of it?

I think it was quite good, the story is told very well by Rob and Stig. Martin seems quite a character!

One small critique that comes to mind: the long 5 minute interlude part with the moon passing. So, whats your take?

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    I'm going to watch it all the way through again tonight to see how I feel after seeing it twice.

Super Moderator Punk to the bone The anatomist's Avatar
    Thanks for uploading that, great to finally see it. Really interesting.
    The initial thing that really stuck out to me though is just how the whole weird Axeman cartoon thing doesn't fit/work. It's just wrong and would be like setting Neurosis to Scooby Doo
    Looking forward to the new (proper) DVD for sure though.

whole weird Axeman cartoon thing doesn't fit/work.
    That was the thing that made me contact them and attempt to contribute something more of their theme. Glad it worked
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone wörplay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the anatomist View Post
    it's just wrong and would be like setting neurosis to scooby doo
    hahaha!!!
    Dotty, you dont wanna get mixed up with a guy like me...im a loner, Dotty....A rebel.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    I liked the animation. Leffer you did that right, or just the intro/menu animation?